Sunday, February 20, 2005

Mechanical Haiku Operations

It has been a long week, and it's only Monday today! Five quizzes gone one to go. So I have this course called Mechanical Unit Operations which any chemical engineer worth his vacuum evaporated salt must do (sadly). The course per se is somewhere between separation and mixing and I don't know where, exactly. So far as I know, it is in CRC 304. Anyway, I have been inventing new methods to spend the class time usefully, while still sitting in the class.

So the prof went on with his "Size reduction muggawuggayadayadawuggamugga Chamber yadayadayada grinding muggawugga particle ...." and it was mostly an overhead transmission, primarily because I was not able to hear the prof clearly enough... and no I am not hard of hearing, just that I did not try hard enough!

So there were a lot of particles and their size being reduced and then the customer requirements and then I drew Groucho Marx and then ashish said he looked like paul mcartney and I mocked and said he looked more like munkey schaffer and then I decided to write haikus.

Now I am not throwing in that obvious line that would say that I am a greenhorn and I know nothing about writing haikus save the 5-7-5 syllable count,and apologize profusely for even having dreamt about writing a haiku. For all I care,they looked pretty neat to me once I finished writing them.

So here goes... my haikus in chronological order:

I'm learning to fly
A particle blown away
In the D-slot class

The class happened to be in a D-slot, and was about size reduction of particles...

And soon enough ashish came up with one of his own, which I promptly forgot and then I wrote another one

Didn't know what it was
Looked like nothing I had seen
The Invisible

and then as a dedication to the week that has been, the kind of which I have seen and shall see in numerous occasions, I came up with this...

We shall soon see
What has not been seen till now
'Morrow's quiz paper

and then ashish wrote two more to catch up with me. However, the prof felt that enough was enough and started taking the attendance, and then announced that we had to submit some simulation program, working as groups of three and dismissed the class.

So until next time
When there'd be probably more
Auf Wiedersehen!

13 Echoes:

Blogger Ashish said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:26 am  
Blogger Sappoux said...

that is too korny
i do not care to correct
the spelling mistake

5:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Didn't know what it was
Looked like nothing I had seen
The Invisible"
..good attempt.The necessary element in a haiku is the ability to convey a thousand meanings and carry an aura of mystery..But this is a job well done for a person who preferred to write rather than snooze in the class

11:08 pm  
Blogger Prashanth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:03 pm  
Blogger Prashanth said...

(Zombie here, in case you're wondering who on Earth is Prashanth...)

Looks like you're a step ahead of me... I used to write gen poems, sitting in last bench of class. Didn't think about Haiku though :(

Keep blogging.... with due apologies to Tolkien, you write stuff that is 50% interesting 50% of the time.

Prashanth.

12:03 pm  
Blogger Sappoux said...

maybe if i sit in the last bench, i too will write poetry da. this time around i was in the third bench and hence the haiku :-P
and i guess the other 50% of time, the stuff is irresistibly interesting ;-) whatever!!!

11:27 pm  
Blogger bharath said...

i did read this blog
never before had felt the need for
killing you the next moment

(now that has 5-7-5 words)

10:33 am  
Blogger Sappoux said...

that was a bad try
for it is syllables and
not words dear bhaand

12:07 pm  
Blogger bharath said...

it was delibrate to put 5-7-5 word count and not syllable count and not ignorance and/or innocence...

9:18 am  
Blogger Ashish said...

sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come. corporation t-shirt,stupid bloody tuesday. man you have been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long, iam the eggman, they are the eggmen, iam the walrus!??!?!?!

Wat dat shiznit be all about?

Where be da doodle board n' shit neway? Yo!

3:29 am  
Blogger bharath said...

PUT BLOG...

4:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one more :

Rains fall on the ground,
unleash magic fragrances,
you said: 'My fourth crush!' ;)

8:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. car detailed specs audi 90 Bridesmaid+dress+maternity Mitsubishi mirage body kit 94 Ferrari f430 spider facts

1:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home